Everyday there are tragedies due to someone texting while driving or killing themselves and others. According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving a vehicle while texting is six times more dangerous than driving while intoxicated!
Texting and Driving Statistics:
- The use of a cell phone causes nearly 25% of car accidents.
- An estimated 44% of American drivers now have cell phones in their automobiles
- 28% people have sent or received text messages while driving.
- 82% of Americans age 16-17 own cell phones
- 34% of teen say they have texted while driving
- Each year 21% of fatal car crashes involving teenagers between the ages of 16 and 19 were the result of cell phone usage.
- 4.6 seconds… the minimal amount of time your attention is taken away from the road when you’re texting and driving.
- Traveling 55 MPH while on a cellphone is the same as driving the length of a football field without looking at the road!
- Be a safe driver! cell phones use was reported in 18% of all distraction-related fatalities in America
- Handheld ban for all Drivers
- Ban on texting for all drivers