Were you recently involved in an accident resulting in a damaged car bumper? New Look Collision Center in Henderson and Las Vegas guarantees your car bumper repair job will get your vehicle back to showroom new.
Current laws require all bumper repairs to meet certain standards, making sure your bumper does its job in an accident.
Click Here for a FREE Online Estimate
Call Us: Las Vegas (702)269-1650; Henderson (702)564-2220
Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:30pm; Sat 8:00am-1:00pm
What’s Involved in Car Bumper Repair?
A lot of what applies to dent repair applies to bumper repair. More often than not, if they’re hit real hard, we just replace them. There are plastic tabs and things that we can’t repair.
Most bumpers these days are made out of a handful of different composite plastics. We have a limit of a few hours to work on those without getting to the point to realize they have to be replaced. Sometimes a little heat and repair putty can make them as good as new.
This allows for a simple easy non-time consuming repair that, more often then not, turns out great.
How different is bumper repair depending on the auto maker?
Are bumpers designed more for safety, looks, or reliability? The bumper cover is there for cosmetics and aerodynamics, not car safety:
- Bumpers have no structural value to the car
- The structure is in the bumper reinforcements (the fiberglass or hardened steel underneath the plastic cover)
- The fiberglass reinforcements usually are what gets the most repair work and TLC when you bring you car in
- The reinforcement bar is the most important part of the bumper (without it, you may as well not have a bumper at all)
- Whether your car comes from Detroit or Japan, bumper reinforcement bars are pretty much universal
“The laws have come to the point where most bumpers have to meet certain standards and are designed the same whether they be foreign or American.” This creates a standard that allows for easy repair and also assures you that your bumper is always going to do its job in an accident.
No matter whether your car is a foreign or domestic model, we can provide you with a free estimate regarding your car bumper repair needs.